Of WFUNA Foundation and other events

With Jishu and Nilanjanaa
May 18, 2015: It was good to be in Kolkata last week. With no tours or trips, I was able to finish a lot of desk work. I am thinking of restarting events like the Recipe Rendezvous and Tete-a-Tea series in Kolkata.
With Shoojit Sircar
On Thursday evening I went to see the special show of Piku as Shoojit Sircar was in town and he invited me. In fact, I was supposed to host the special show last Sunday, May 10, but because of Srijit Mukherji’s accident in Delhi Jishu, who had played a role in the film, had flown off to Delhi. Also, Anupam, who has given the music to the film had gone to Mumbai. So I changed the plan of hosting the show on Sunday evening.
On Friday, on behalf of WFUNA Foundation, I organized and hosted an exhibition of the solo paintings by Rucheka Jain who is a student of class X at La Martiniere for Girls.
With Rucheka Jain
She had sold her paintings for Rs 4 lacs and donated the entire amount to the Nepal earthquake victims.
When she spoke to me, I was very overwhelmed. 
I spoke to the Mr Chandra Kumar Ghimire, Consul General, Consulate General of Nepal in Kolkata, and decided to hold this exhibition with them. 
With Rucheka Jain, Chandra Kumar Ghimire, Britta Leick Milde
With Ms Rupkatha Sarkar
Hotel Hyatt Regency also came on board as the venue partner. 
My friend Agnimitra Paul agreed on my request to sing a song at the event which was attended by other consuls and Bickram and Jaya Seal Ghosh along with Ms Rupkatha Sarkar, the Principal, other teachers and some students of La Martiniere for Girls, Kolkata.
This week again I shall travel to Delhi and Jaipur.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts