Dubai transit

September 23, 2015: I am at the Al Bustan Rotana Hotel in Dubai on a tansit. Normally, when one is in transit for more than six hours in Dubai, The Emirates offer you a complimentary Visa as well as a complimentary room.
While checking in at the New York airport when the counter staff gave me the voucher for the hotel, I asked them “Why not Le Meridian Hotel” for 90 per cent of the times, whenever I was on transit, it always was in hotel Le Meridien close to the airport and only a couple of times I also got to stay in The Taj as well as Ritz Carlton.
The check-in staff told me it was system generated but honestly the service in this hotel is far superior to Le Meridian. Chef Vivek prepared excellent Indian food for me and I really liked this hotel. I shall leave for the airport in half an hour to fly back to Kolkata.
Before boarding from New York I also had a meeting over lunch with my finance officer of WFUNA at the Bukhara Grill situated at 217 East 49th Street.
In front of Bukhara Grill
The Bukhara Grill was the first Indian restaurant that I went to in New York many years ago. The restaurant proudly caters to many foreign dignitaries, including the Indian Prime Minister. The people of New York were talking about the current Prime Minister Modi’s dinner at Waldorf Astoria where Chef Vikas Khanna will serve Indian food.
I missed the final days of the United Nations General Assembly as I am already out for the past 12 days and a lot of travel and work is still due.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts