BD Sureka passes away

From L to R: Nandlal Shah, Vishambar Newar, Pradeep Sureka, Arun Sureka, H P Kanoria, H P Budhia, Harsh Neotia, Dr Pratibha Agarwal, Radhe Shyam Agarwal, R S Goenka, Prakash Chandra Agarwal, Jugalkishore Jethalia
October 27, 2015: The Sindoor Khela event was extensively covered by the print and electronic media with television channels beaming the colourful pageantries – smearing of vermillion, chau and dragon dance etc., to the beats of the dhak.
The event was covered live by three television channels and I also got a message that the event was covered by a newspaper far away in the Gulf.
At the condolence meet of Late B D Sureka
After the Sindoor Khela, I also attended the condolence meeting of Bishwambhar Dayal Sureka known in Kolkata society as BD.
B D Sureka had expired while I was overseas. I went to his residence also to express my condolence to his family. On Sunday afternoon I attended the public condolence meet hosted and organized at the Bharatiya Bhasha Parishad.
With the passing away of B D Sureka, the last link to the line of my mother’s era has ended. He was a family friend, a well-wisher and a strong supporter of my various social initiatives. I am flying today for a day to Thailand for a meeting with the WFUNA officials.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts