Onset of Puja festivities

With Parambrata, Rachana, Nilanjanaa, Divya Dutta, Prasenjit and Jisshu
October 6, 2015: I went to Lal Bazaar in the afternoon today and had a meeting with the Commissioner of Police and other officials regarding Puja related events and other related issues. 
As the Pujas arrive, which is one of the biggest event of Bengal and perhaps of India, the whole state of West Bengal and India soaks up into a session of festive spirit.
Yesterday I had a meeting at the ITC Sonar for the forthcoming Dhak Mahotsav event of Manicktalla Chaltabagan Durga Puja on Sunday, October 11, 2015.
With Mr Olaf Inversen, Consul General, FRG Kolkata
Last Sunday (Oct 4) was a rest day for me after a long time after a hectic Saturday (Oct 3). I attended a lunch at The Taj Bengal to mark the 25th Anniversary of The Day of German Unity hosted by Olaf Iversen, Consul General of the Federal Republic of Germany.
With Mr Ma Zhanwu, Consul General PRC
In the evening I hosted a dinner for the Ma Zhanwu, the incoming Consul General of The Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in Kolkata. I have good relations with almost all the diplomatic missions in Kolkata and I keep hosting welcome and farewells for them.
I also invited my old friend Gautam Lewis and his mother Dr Patricia Lewis at the dinner. Gautam Lewis is a man of stupendous achievements. 
He was born in the streets of Kolkata in 1977 and contracted polio at the age of three and abandoned by his parents at the age of seven.
With Dr Patricia Lewis, Sakshi Agarwal and Gautam Lewis at Taj Bengal
He was adopted by Dr Patricia Lewis, a British nuclear physicist from Mother Teresa's orphanage in Kolkata. Gautam went on to study at the Hill House School in England where the children of the rich and famous went.
With Sarah Sandhu
He graduated from South Hampton University and pursued a successful career in music. But soon quit to set up Freedom in the Air (FITA) flying school for the disabled in UK.
Gautam himself is among the few and first disabled commercial pilots of the world. He has also been a Unesco ambassador for the Global Polio Eradication initiative.
Post dinner had a meeting in Alipore and at 11:30 pm. I went to Shisha for a birthday party for my actress friend Rachana Banerjee. There I met quite a few people from Tollywood after a long time.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts