Jaipur polo match

Handing over trophy to the polo players with Arun Sahni, Commander-in-Chief, South Western Command, Jaipur 
January 30, 2016: I landed Delhi this evening and checked into Hotel Maurya. I was still busy post the Republic Day celebrations and also after the Jaipur Literature Festival in Jaipur
In fact, I was scheduled to be in Delhi on January 28 to attend the special preview of the India Art Fair, New Delhi, and also to attend the farewell reception of Mrs Kiran Mehra-Kerpelman, Director, UNIC, at the UN Lawns, 55 Lodi Estate, New Delhi, hosted by UNIC and IFUNA.
L to R: Sudhir Mathur, Maharaj Narendra Singh and Thakur Digvijay Singh throwing the ball at the Polo Club Jaipur match
I, however, was held back in Jaipur for few other January events and could only land in Delhi in the evening after attending the exhibition match of Raghu Sinha Mala Mathur Memorial Cup at the Polo Club in Jaipur.
Surprisingly, Jaipur has become much warmer this afternoon.
With Maharaj Padmanabh Singh
At the Polo Match, as the Guest of Honour, I gave away the awards to the teams and threw the ball, as customary, to start off the matches.
I shall miss the finals of the Sirmur Cup tomorrow but I did attend the dinner at the City Palace on Friday evening hosted by Maharani Padmini Devi and Sunil Sood, Managing Director and CEO of Vodafone India.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts