At the Grand Hyatt Bangkok

May 20, 2016: I am once again at the Grand Hyatt in Bangkok. Today is the Visakha Bucha Day, which is a national public holiday in Thailand. Visakha Bucha Day is the most auspicious of the Thai Buddhist holidays as it commemorates three important anniversaries in the life of Lord Buddha: his birth, his enlightenment and his passing.
On Wednesday May 18, around 4.30 pm, I went to the Bawarchi restaurant located at the President Tower Arcade (Intercontinental Bangkok). I have always admired this restaurant and every time I am in Bangkok I order food from this restaurant daily and have it delivered to the Grand Hyatt Hotel.
In fact, more than by sight, the restaurant people recognize me by name. I met Mr Vinay Chawla who is the Vice President of this chain of restaurants. Apart from this one, there are three more restaurants in Bangkok. One in Myanmar and one in Gurgaon.
I also met Arijit Ghosh who was a chef at the Taj Jaimahal Palace in Jaipur and now takes care of this restaurant. Arijit wishes to open his own restaurant and seeing his abilities, I am sure, he will not only succeed but also make it big. I wish him all the best.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts