At the launch of exclusive men's wear chain

With Manoj Mohanka, Britta Leicke Milde, Venky Rajagopal and his daughter
May 17, 2016: I am flying overseas today evening. I landed from Jaipur on the evening of May 11. 
On May 13, I attended the opening of an exclusive men's apparel chain store at the Woodburn Central Park in Kolkata.
The store's Chairman and Managing Director, Venky Rajgopal, a former bureaucrat, is a good friend of my friend Manoj Mohanka who is also a director in this company. I was there on his request.
It was quite a crowded affair and just as humid and hot. Actor Randeep Hooda was there as the chief guest.
But at least one of the well known men's accessories brands has set shop in Kolkata's prime location. In fact, last week, Cochin-based leading jewellery brand Kalyan Jewellers also opened three showroom in Kolkata and virtually painted the newspapers and bill boards all over city with Amitabh Bachchan as their brand ambassador.
In fact, a couple of weeks ago, Kalyan group had inaugurated three showrooms in Rajasthan where Amitabh and Jaya Bachhan covered three cities – Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur - in one day. I missed the Kalyan inaugural function in Jaipur as well as in Kolkata.
I also missed the Sunday evening bash hosted by Rituparna Sengupta at The Park. For past few months I have missed more events than I have attended. May be because I am travelling a lot or it could be that I get more invitations these days.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts