Meetings of UN bodies in Delhi

At the IFUNA office after the World Federation of United Nations Association (WFUNA) Foundation India Advisory Board Meeting
May 6, 2016: After a 10-day trip from Jaipur and Delhi I returned to Kolkata day before yesterday. While in Delhi I was at the Maurya for four nights. I was supposed to visit Agra during the last ten days as WIMUN was being held at the Jaypee Palace Hotel & Convention Centre and I was supposed to speak in either the opening or the closing ceremony but I gave it a miss. However, I was in Delhi with my WFUNA colleague Bonian Golmohammadi.
On Monday May 2, after having a late breakfast meeting with an editor friend, I had a luncheon meeting with Bonian Golmohammadi at the India International Centre on various issues.
WFUNA executive committee (ExCo) meeting is scheduled in New York on May 13 to 14, 2016, which I may not be able to attend as I have some work in South East Asia. So we discussed various issues.
In the evening there was a meeting of the WFUNA Foundation. India Advisory Board Members at the IFUNA Conference Hall. There were quite a few issues raised and discussed by the Advisory Board members.
On Tuesday May 3 we had a meeting with the UN Resident Coordinator Yuri Afanasiev. We discussed about various programmes that the UN and UNDP are doing in India in education, environment, water sanitation, rural development and other areas and the possibility of partnering with them. After the meeting we had a another one with Ali Kiyaei from South Africa UNA who is in India now for his study in JNU.
On Wednesday, before taking a flight, I caught up with few friends and also had a meeting at the Hyatt which was my address for sometime in Delhi.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts