Rooftop dinner and Kalam Jaipur

With Apara Kuchhal, Vijaykirti, Dharmender Kanwar, Usha Pooniya, Rashmi and Ritu Kuchhal at the Skylight Cafe
May 12, 2016: I returned from Jaipur last night. On Monday evening I attended a private dinner where I met quite many bureaucrats from Rajasthan.
With Salim Arif
On Tuesday, May 10, I attended another dinner hosted at the roof top eating outlet at Skylights Cafe, Hotel Maya, Jaipur
The Skylights Cafe is a new venture of the Kuchhal family who also owns and manages the Handi and Copper Chimney restaurant in Jaipur.
Yesterday, before boarding for Kolkata flight, I attended the Kalam event with well-known theatre artist and director, Mr Salim Arif, was the guest author.
With restaurateur Rashmi Kuchhal
Salim Arif, an alumnus of National School of Drama. Some of his stagings like Taj Mahal ka Tender, Kaifi Saab, Ghalibnaama, Kharaashein, Peele Patton ka Ban, Dil Chahta Hai, Agar aur Magan, Rakt Kalyan, Kacche Lamhe and so on have made him one of the most popular directors of the Hindi theatre. He has worked with luminaries like Shyam Benegal, Gulzar, Neerja Guileri, Dr Chandraprakash Dwivedi and others.
In the morning I also visited the Raj Bhavan to meet His Excellency
With His Excellency, Kalyan Singh, Governor of Rajasthan
Kalyan Singh, the Governor of Rajasthan.
Today evening I wanted to go to the South City to watch the premiere show of of “Cinemawala” - a film by Kaushik Ganguly - at Inox on the invitation of Shree Venkatesh Films. But since I am travelling overseas again this weekend I had to give it a miss.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts