A busy weekend

It was a busy weekend. I landed from Bhutan on Friday late afternoon and missed out on the Mother Teresa statue unveiling at the Archbishop's House in Park Street. I also missed the reception hosted by P R Agarwala to mark the National Day of Colombia.
At the Hyatt Regency Fancy Dress Party
On Saturday evening I went to Hyatt Regency to attend the farewell party of Britta Leicke Milde. She hosted a party to say good bye to her friends in the city. I went to Hyatt with my friend Anand Sahai who would also would be leaving Kolkata soon.
The theme of the party was dress like in the 70s and I honestly found myself not dressed up for the theme. It was a close gathering of about 50 of Britta's friends. 
Yesterday I organised a brunch for Eagoler Chokh at Hyatt
With Pankaj, Jishu, Nilanjanaa and Pratim D Gupta
The Tollywood crowd turned up in full strength but I regret the absence of Shaswata, Jaya Ahsaan, Payel and Ushoshie as they all had shooting.
With Ranadeb Bose, Agnimitra and Rudranil
It is impossible to predict anything concerning Tollywood. It is not very normal for the cast of the film to be absent in a party celebrating their success despite fixing the date well well in advance.
 
With Kusum Khemani
In the evening I dropped by at The Conclave for the book release function of Kusum Khemani and from there I went to The Oberoi Grand for a classic get-together hosted by Madhu and Harsh Neotia. 
With Birju Maharaj, Tenjendra Narayan and Saswati
It was a melodious evening and got to witness two Padma Shri awardees Girija Devi and Birju Maharaj performing thumri and kathak respectively.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts