Holi in Jaipur


With Aavya
11 March, 2018: I visited Rajasthan for 10 days and spent Holi in Jaipur this year. I played Phoolon Ki Holi with my daughter for the first time and also visited Sujangarh, my ancestral place. 
Phoolon Ki Holi
It was a private family visit in which I visited various parts of the state via road. There is no doubt that the road conditions in the state are now excellent.
I took some time out to explore and introduce to my daughter the colourful and local aspects of Rajasthani culture like camels, horses, cows and havelis that are unique of Rajasthan.
Apart from that, I took her to few religious places in the state as well to some of the old family traditional places like Salasar, Toliyasar, Osia temple, Tharda, Govind Dev Ji temple in Jaipur to name a few.
I made quite a few stopovers and spent some time at the Circuit House in Ajmer which is one of my favourite places.
At the Ajmer Circuit House
As I was away, I missed attending the special screening of Suman Ghosh’s documentary on Amartya Sen “An Argumentative Indian” at the Tollygunge Club, Kolkata, on 7 March. I also could not attend the debut of Kalam in Pune with guest author, Neelima Dalmia Aadhar.
I returned to Kolkata today and look ahead to a series of event lined up for the month.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts