At the IIC

I arrived in Delhi day before yesterday. Every year, I spend 30 to 40 days in Delhi during winter. Actually it would be correct to say at the India International Centre. This institution has its own warmth and aura. I love spending hours and hours in the IIC library. My arrival this time here has been delayed somewhat as I was very busy and tied up in Kolkata during December and January. But I still did visit Delhi for a week in December. IIC, I feel is the only-of-its-kind institution in the country that was founded with a vision to highlight India internationally. IIC is a non-governmental institution for which I have the highest regards and respect. In the words of its Founder President, Dr C D Deshmukh, “It is a place where various currents of intellectual, economic and political thoughts meet freely.”
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts