Busy as a bee

Kolkata as usual keeps me busy. There is much discussion about the Kolkata municipal elections results among my political friends. On Thursday evening I attended a function at Marwar in Alipore and then a wedding function at the Mani Square New Banquet Hall. Met MLAs Sujit Basu there at a huge gathering. Marriages too have become a matter of social status with everybody trying to ensure a good presence. I also attended the opening of a store at Phoolbagan and in between visited the sets of Sekhar Das film Necklace at a bungalow in Jhowtala Road. Rituparna called me to request if I could be a part of one party scene in the film. I did reach on time but shootings invariably start late and I could not wait till the scene.
On Friday Rituparna picked me up for the premier of Mahanagar@kolkata at Nandan (picture). Watched the whole movie with Usha Ganguly, Sankho Ghosh, Aparna Sen, Kalyan Roy and others. Also met Jogen Choudhury and Kulbhushan Kharbanda. I visited Nandan almost after three months so I spent some time there at the Hall for tea with Biplab Chatterjee and others. While chatting over tea, Kulbhushan Kharbanda shared many of his memories (picture) with Shyamanand Jalan who recently passed away. He was in city to pay his condolence to the family. During tea, while analysing the film Mahanagar@kolkata and talking about other international films, Kalyan Roy mentioned about a film by the son of Gabriel Garcia Marquez. In the film director Suman Mukhopadhyay, son of Arun Mukhopadhyay, has rendered a splendid performance. He is a national award winning actor and a theatre actor who has on his own carried much of the film.
I missed the post screening party held at The Conclave and also had to skip the event organised in Salt Lake by the Hindi daily Sanmarg to mark the World Environment Day.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts