Italian National Day reception

Today evening I attended an Italian National Day reception at The Taj Bengal organised by the Italian Consulate in Kolkata. I have very cordial relations with them for almost five years now. A friend of mine had then introduced me to the Italian Consulate. We, however, fell out and haven’t been on talking terms for the past four years. Till today, he happens to be the only one with whom I have had a fight.
My relations with the Italian Consulate officials are very cordial and when Mr Augustino Pinna was the Consul General we used to meet over dinners at each other’s place (file pic). I had hosted his farewell also. After him, Mr Bruna Campari was the Consul General who was also known to me. Mr Campari passed away in Kolkata.
I met with many members of the Kolkata diplomatic circles, including Honorary Consuls, chief secretaries and other regulars at today’s reception. Mr Sanjay Budhia liked my article on mobile phones published in Hindustan Times. I had dinner with Dolly di and her daughter Doel who is a very intelligent girl. Bharati Roy was discussing about the events on Rabindranath Tagore with me. The Russian Consul General Mr Vladimir V Lazarev made me promise him that I would attend his reception on June 12th at The Park Hotel. I also fixed up a lunch appointment with the British Deputy High Commissioner in Kolkata Mr Sanjay Wadhwani. Shamlu Dudeja said she missed me at the dinner hosted in honour of West Bengal Governor at her residence while Nayantara Pal Chowdhury inquired about what program I was planning next. I also met the Director of Calcutta International School, Mrs Anuradha Das, who requested me to visit the school. Another gentleman I met was Mr Lamba who is one of the top officials of HSBC Bank in the eastern region.
As I attended the diplomatic reception after a long time many people inquired about where I had been. Today’s civic election results were a hot topic of discussion at the reception.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts