At peace with myself

I came back to Kolkata from Delhi. I saw the movie Guzaarish in Delhi. It is a well made movie, sterling performances, nice pictuarisation and a new storyline i.e., the stamp of Sanjay Leela Bhansali (SLB). Watching the magic show scene on stage in the film, I can say that it only confirms the thorough perfectionist that SLB is.
Once when I was in Paris, SLB was rehearsing Padmavati with danseuse Tanusree Shankar's troupe. Tanusree (picture) introduced me to him and I first hand got to see how thorough and dedicated he was in his approach. Tansuree wanted me to see the premiere but my London commitment did not allow me to avail that opportunity. 
The Kolkata social scene is the same with film premieres, plays, parties and exhibitions. I have no social commitments till December 10, 2010, and the only event that I have confirmed in on December 17th to be hosted by Prabha Khaitan Foundation and the British Council. As my arrival from North America was scheduled for December 10th, I had communicated in advance my inability to attend all the events and parties.
I suddenly find myself in a very calm and composed environment and at peace with myself. I have realised that it is sometimes good to be in a no-work situation. I am thinking of penning another book.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts