With Sana at Sourav's

At noon today, I was at the birthday party of Sana, daughter of Sourav and Dona Ganguly, at Sourav's The Food Pavilion on Park Street, Kolkata.
Last time Sana's birthday party was held at their Behala residence but this time Dona felt that it would be easier for Sana's classmates to attend at Sourav's – the popular restaurant in Kolkata that goes by dada's name.
Dona was right and I found myself surrounded by children all around the place having whale of a time. The food was good and the warmth of Dona and dada made it all the more charming. They of course made sure that I tasted all the vegetarian dishes that were spread out.
It felt really nice to be invited and be a part of a gathering that was for Sana's friends and other family members and relatives.
After sun down, I attended a function at Brocade at Baid Boulevard (Avani Heights) in Chowringhee. Met Sayara Halim at the function (picture). After the function I went to the Fort William to attend the cocktails hosted by Ravi Dastane (GOC Bengal Area) and his wife Smita.
The Dastane family is our good friend (file picture) and Ravi is currently posted in Leh. Scheduled to leave Kolkata on November 7, he invited few friends over to his place. I also met Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh and others. I will miss the Dastane family, but then, that's life.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts