Respite for Bharatiya Bhasha Parishad

Thursday, July 21, 2011: Day before yesterday I attended Harsh Neotia’s 50th birthday party celebrations at the Swissotel. The party was hosted by Harsh’s wife Madhu at the hotel’s new Indian restaurant called Durbari.
The get together was a small gathering of Harsh’s personal friends and family members. Met many of the city’s industrialists and quite a few from the art and cultural fraternity. 
Yesterday evening I met Saoli Mitra in her studio at Beckbagan.
Suresh Neotia
Today morning I heard that the problem at the Bharatiya Bhasha Parishad was settled amicably through the efforts of one of the Trustees, Suresh Neotia (file picture).
I learnt that the ex bureaucrat and cultural icon in Delhi, Ashok Vajpayee, who is currently the Chairman of Lalit Kala Akademi and also the Executive Board Member of Sangeet Natak Akademi had spoken to Suresh Neotia about Bharatiya Bhasha Parishad.
I got to know that the management has agreed to increase the salary of the staff by 45%. Thanks to Suresh Neotia for his efforts that has saved a prominent institution from being closed down.
Tomorrow I shall leave for Delhi.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts