Weekend wedding functions in the city

There were quite a few wedding receptions and marriage ceremonies on Friday and Saturday in Kolkata. I attended the wedding party of Ajay Kayan's daughter at the ITC Sonar Bangla (Pala). Ajay Kayan's father, Gourishankar Kayan, who was into various social activities and charity, was known to me. I did serve on the boards of some of the social organisations of which he was a member.
It was a musical evening hosted by Ajay's friend Utsav Parekh, Ghanshyam Sarada and others jointly. Besides being attended by Kolkata businessmen there were others from Mumbai and Delhi, including Praful Patel, Cabinet Minister-in-charge Department of Heavy Industries, and Suhel Seth.
I had a brief chat with Suhel on Namita Gokhale book event in Kolkata. I have to finalise a date for the program that suits Namita, Suhel and myself. Suhel indicated that 20th or 30th August would be fine with him. Incidentally, Namita too had suggested the same dates to me.
I will fly to Jaipur today afternoon.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts