Puja plans for Pronam members

August 18, 2011: Today afternoon I had a meeting with Shukla Tarafdar, AO Pronam. This was followed by another meeting with the three convenors. Our meeting was long over due since we could not work out a common date due to my pre-occupations and frequent travels.
Various issues were discussed and it was decided that during the Pujas, we'll send greetings to the Pronam members and also request the Kolkata Police that like last year, this year too, they could make it convenient to issue a special pass to be sent to the senior citizens to visit some of the prominent Puja pandals through the VIP entrance.
Today evening Namita Gokhale will be coming down to Kolkata to participate in tomorrow’s event at The Conclave which I am organizing in collaboration with The Conclave.
Suhel Seth called up this morning to say that he'll be flying back to Delhi to attend an urgent meeting of Tata Sons and hence would not be able to attend tomorrow’s event. He left us with no option and I requested my old friend Moon Moon Sen to fill in for tomorrow’s Book Reading event to which she very kindly agreed. I also got a courtesy phone call from Sharmila Tagore who was in Kolkata for an event withy Soumitra Chatterjee at the Netaji Indoor Stadium.
Kapila Vatsayan called up from Delhi and I had a long chat with her regarding the proposed Agyeya programme in Kolkata. She came up with some good suggestions which I shall discuss with Om Thanvi and Ashok Vajpeyi and implement it.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts