Revving up for events in Kolkata

The last few days kept me busy in office preparing for the three-day event in Kolkata to mark the Birth Centenary of Sachidananda Vatsayan Agyeya, popular as Agyeya, at the Indian Council for Cultural Relations on September 21st, 22nd and 23rd, 2011.
Preparations are also on for another programme which I will be hosting in Kolkata to mark the Birth Anniversary of Late Dr Prabha Khaitan on the 28th and 29th of October 2011 based on the anthology In Search of Sita: Revisiting Mythology (Penguin India, 2009), co-edited by Malashri Lal and Namita Gokhale.
In the last three days, I had meetings with Rachana Banerjee, Chaiti Ghoshal, Koneenica Banerjee, Arindam Sil, Ujjwal Upadhyay, Partho Chatterjee, Arpita and many others regarding these upcoming events.
In fact, on Sunday (August 7) I am initiating the Prabha Khaitan Memorial Lecture Series which is being co-hosted by The Taj Bengal. The first Guest Speaker would be Dr Sonal Mansingh.
This evening I concluded a series of meetings and dropped in at Hyatt around 10 PM missing out on the main event - an enthralling melange of ballet and other exotic western dance forms titled The Magic of Russian Ballet - which I was looking forward to. 
With Marc and his wife
This event was organized by Mark Lorenz, General Manager, Hyatt Regency, Kolkata, and Rana Vikram Anand, Co-Head, Commercial Banking, The Royal Bank of Scotland, NV, were the co-hosts of the event.
I had a brief chat with Marc and his wife (picture). Though Marc has been in Kolkata since early 2011, I only met him this evening. Earlier he was in Santiago and I chatted with him about Chile. He told me that he was the Manager in one of Santiago property where President Smt Pratibha Patil had come with a delegation to Chile and stayed and how he organized the reception with Indian food.
Tomorrow evening I have invited Dr Sonal Mansingh and Aparna Sen to my home for dinner.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts