Can't take a chance with the city traffic

September 08, 2011: Yesterday evening I went to the Topaz Banquet Hall at Hotel Hindustan International for unveiling of the first look of Rituparna's new film Murder.
As expected, Rituparna came almost one-and-half hours late from the scheduled time given to us for the program. The audio promos and shots of the film were screened on time.
Met a number of acquaintances, including Gautam Mohan Chakrabarti, IPS, DG Armed Police & Traffic, and his wife Tripti, fashion designers Agnimitra Paul and Jyoti Khaitan and Deputy Mayor of KMC, Farzana Alam (picture).
I took Mr Star Jingkaojai, marketing head of cement major Holcim India, to the premier (picture).
It was his first experience of this kind. 
He excitedly clicked photos which is his hobby.
I unveiled the poster of the film with other guests (picture) and Saheb also joined in.
Today evening I will go to the Raj Bhavan to meet the Governor. It will be a courtesy visit. I, however, will miss out on the event at National Library which the Governor is suppose to attend prior to our scheduled meeting.
With Jyoti Khaitan
I decided to skip the National Library event as I am skeptical of making it to Raj Bhavan on time. 
Given the city's traffic situation of late, it would be unwise to take a chance and I don't want to end up as being another Rituparna Sengupta.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts