Puja darshan for the elderly and `Food Bank'

Saturday, September 17th 2011 : Today afternoon I went to police headquarters Lal Bazar for a meeting with Kolkata Police officials regarding various issues of Pronam project.
As the Pujas approach, there are quite a few activities like arranging for Puja Darshan for the Pronam members, getting permission for entry to some of the big and famous puja pandals through VIP gates using special cards, Pronam annual function and other matters.
Currently, Pronam membership has reached over 4500 it is expected to touch 5000 soon. There is a need for working out suitable logistics and resources to organize any activity for that many members.
In the evening I went to Harsh Neotia’s residence for a dinner with Sam Pitroda (picture). I had met Sam Pitroda just once before in Delhi at Dinesh Trivedi’s residence at an informal get together. He had delivered a lecture that was followed by a question & answer session and dinner.
I reached the Queen's Park late and the lecture was over by that time. I joined the guests over dinner.
Jogen Chowdhury, Dinesh Trivedi and Suvaprasanna (picture) informed me that Sam had spoken very well about an idea of food bank and we should all try to implement this in our state. As I had missed the lecture I just said if something concrete can be developed it will be good.
I also met Yogi C Deveshwar (picture) for the first time after he was re-elected / nominated Chairman of ITC Limited. Though he is my neighbour, we always get to meet at the social get togethers only.
Let’s see the “Food Bank” proposal mooted by Sam and how well it is taken by the citizens of state.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts