Back to my office in Kolkata

Tomorrow November 1st is my mother's (Late Dr Prabha Khaitan) birthday. Every year we organize an event to observe the day in her memory.
The program on Sita: Revisiting Mythology was cancelled because of last minute changes in Malashri Lal and Namita Gokhale's schedule who had to leave for a conference in Poland. Though Madhureeta Anand and Amita Sahaya visited Kolkata, my hectic schedule did not permit me to meet them. However, they were very satisfied with the arrangements made by Prabha Khaitan Foundation.
In Delhi, the Prabha Khaitan Foundation supported a four-day conference in New Delhi from October 31 to November 4, 2011, on Asian Encounters: Networks of Cultural Interaction. This international conference was organized by the India International Centre, Department of History, University of Delhi, Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts and the Archaeological Survey of India. The program was supported by Indian Council of Historical Research and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations.
The Conference will include a dialogue that will explore the various aspects and levels of cultural exchange across Asia within their historical context, especially those pertaining to religious studies, literacy, aesthetics, archaeology, literature etc.
There will be an exchange of ideas, knowledge system, resources, skills and materials among the people of Asian continent. The conference will be attended by renowned academicians, authors, politicians and literary figures from all over Asia.
I was scheduled to leave for Delhi today. To be honest, I do not feel like working or doing anything, that's the frame of mind at present. I cancelled today’s trip to Delhi. I'll see if I can make it tomorrow for I got a call from Kapila Vatsyayan's office, who is the Chairman of India International CentreAsia Projects. Also, my going being in Delhi important as WFUNA 202nd Executive Committee Meeting is scheduled at the Claridges Hotel, New Delhi, from November 3 to November 4, 2011.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts