Life's ups and downs

Montreal (Canada), October 18th 2011: I was supposed to be here on the 9th of this month but had to defer my trip due to the sad demise of my close friend Arun. Tomorrow, October 19th is his Birthday and also the 12th day of his death. I find it hard to come to terms with the fact that he is no more with us.
At times I feel that what is destined to happen will happen to all of us. The frequency of unexpected incidents in my life has shocked and awed me in equal measure. It seems to me that all the ups and downs in our lives are preordained.
I find it very difficult to imagine that such a disciplined person like Arun, a fitness freak who was regular at the gym could die so suddenly of heart attack.
That fateful day, just a few hours after the of Sindur Khela function, our family friend Suuchandra lost her sindur. However, that is life and life goes on.
The Sindur Khela was a huge success and the West Bengal Governor's wife, Padmini Narayanan, was kind enough to be the Chief Guest (picture)
Kolkata celebs at the Sindur Khela function of Chaltabagan Durga Puja
She joined June, Rituparna, Gargi Roy Chowdhury, Pallavi Chatterjee, Rachita Chohan, Agnimitra Paul, Usha Utthup, Pramita Mallick, Rita Bhimani and others.
On my the flight from Frankfurt to Montreal, I read about the Bhutan King's wedding which reminded me of a recent lunch with Jigme Y Thinley, the Prime Minister of Bhutan (picture).
Ever since I started writing blogs, this is the first time that I did not write anything for more than a week. In fact, I did nothing the whole of last week apart from spending time at my late friend Arun's house.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts