Gearing up for Jaipur mega events

December 7th 2011: I arrived in Jaipur on Tuesday evening and went to the Rajasthan Polo Club to check out the arrangements for December 8th luncheon meet. I have organized a meeting over lunch through Rajasthan National Forum, of which, I am the serving President.
Pradeep Chaturvedi (picture) the Secretary General of the organization, was also with me. We are inviting prominent newspaper editors, representatives from various segments of society mainly from the fields of music, dance and art.
The idea is to have an informal discussion to increase the participation of the citizens of Jaipur in the upcoming events which Jaipur is hosting such as the Jaipur Literary Festival and Pravasi Bharartiya Divas. Both the programs, of international stature, are scheduled for January 2012. I personally feel that such international events must have a strong and vibrant local participation is a must.
Tomorrow evening, I will meet Purushottam Agarwal, IAS, who is the Commissioner of Rajasthan Foundation and who is also taking care of arrangements of Pravasi Bharartiya Divas in Jaipur from January 7th to 9th, 2012.
I have to discuss with him about the possible role of Rajasthan Foundation (Kolkata Chapter) in Pravasi Bharartiya Divas.
While in Kolkata, I missed a reception organized on the occasion of the 84th Birthday Anniversary of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej by the Thai Consulate at The Park Rosewood Hall on the evening of 5th December.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts