In New York

August 9, New York: Today morning I was at the United Nations Population Fund building to deliver the opening remarks for a Youth Convention (picture).
It was good to see so many youths from different parts of the world.
I landed in New York on 7th evening. I was very busy the whole of yesterday at the World Federations of United Nations Association (WFUNA) office for various things. 
The next executive committee has been scheduled for the 7th and 8th September 2012, and then, again in November, the WFUNA plenary is scheduled in Brazil (Rio de Janeiro).
At the Youth Convention in New York
Both these events demand my time and attention. Yesterday I had a meeting with Hardeep Singh Puri, ambassador and permanent representative of India to the United Nations, who operates from the Indian Mission.
I personally feel that Mr Puri's tenure was one of the best in this Mission.
Today evening there is a welcome reception for Youth Convention which I plan to skip and complete some pending WFUNA work and rest a while to shed off the jet lag.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts