Wonderful couple

August 22, 2012: I am back in Jaipur again. I arrived here on August 21 morning from Udaipur and yesterday night went for dinner at Ritu and Jaimini Oberois residence. Ritu and Jaimini are one of the most prominent couples in the Pink City. It was nice of them to organize a dinner for me. They are really a wonderful couple full of charm and grace.
They invited quite a number of people known to me like Ashok Agarwal, Ashok Jagwani, Ajay Chopra, Rupender and Jayshree Periwal and others. I had met the couple in Bhutan during the Mountain Echoes Lit Fest and in fact accepted their invitation for a much earlier date, which, somehow, never happened.
I enjoyed the company of Jaimini and Ritu Oberoi immensely as we have many things in common. I was really amazed to see their collection of Maqbool Fida Hussains work. Mr Oberoi has a whole set of MF's paintings on different religions.
Tomorrow I leave for Delhi where I have a series of meetings lined up.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts