Rio bound

I am again at the Dubai Airport lounge en route to Rio de Janeiro (Brazil). It has been 10 years since I last visited Latin America. Last time I was in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
On Saturday night, after the Remembrance Meet of Sunil Ganguly, organised by The Bengal, I went to Hotel Hyatt Regency
With Mr Duarte and Mr Pradeep Khemka
I met Pradeep Khemka, Honorary Consul of Brazil in Kolkata, who introduced me to Mr Carlos Sergio Sobral Duarte, the ambassador of Brazil to India (picture).
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gifThe party was scheduled at the Hyatt poolside but had to be shifted to the Gucci Terrace and Restaurant. The party was jointly hosted by the Embassies of Peru, Chile and Brazil and gave us a wonderful opportunity to try out Latin American cuisines prepared by chefs from their respective countries.
There was a band from Peru to entertain the guests. For me the party was like warming up for a Latin American sojourn. My flight took off within 24 hours of the party that set the mood for the visit ahead.
ess bee 

Comments

Popular Posts