In Singapore from Delhi

February 27, Singapore: I landed here early morning today from Delhi. The Jet Airways flight from Delhi to Singapore was as bad as last time's SilkAir flight which I wanted to avoid.
The craft from Kolkata to Delhi was, in fact, much better than the Delhi–Singapore international flight. However, I must say that the in flight service and the staff's attitude was good and up to the mark.
I checked in at Hotel Grand Hyatt at Scotts Road. This one is the only Hyatt property in Singapore. This huge property is owned by the Sultan of Brunei. This time I have put up at the front tower of the Hotel.
Except for this wing, renovation work is on at almost all the other blocks housing the rooms. There is much noise and disturbance from dawn till dusk.
During my previous stay here last year, the lounge I had used in another tower is also under renovation. I was at the 21st floor lounge on the frontal side of the hotel. In the evening I met officials of Singapore United Nation Association and discussed about their activities and future plans. Though Singapore is a very small country but is a member of the Executive Committee (ExCo) of the World Federation of United Nation Associations (WFUNA). They had won elections in Republic of Korea about three-and-half years ago.
In the morning, while checking in, there was some issue with the front office. They were not duly updated or some internal communication problem delayed my checking in. This kind of issues are rarely seen in premium hotels.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts