Meeting with Sachin

With Sachin at his residence
Maurya Sheraton, Delhi: I arrived here at 2 am from Mumbai. I took an afternoon flight from Kolkata and landed in Mumbai around 5 pm .
I had a meeting with Sachin Tendulkar in his new house at the Perry Cross Road near Jogger's Park in West Bandra locality.
Sachin was late by 10 minutes but his house staff made me comfortable. It was a personal meeting but we also discussed about NGO Apnalaya. Sachin told me his wife Anjali, son Arjun and daughter Sara were all very attached to Apnalaya which was set up in 1972 and is run by Sara's maternal grandmother Annabel Mehta. Apanalya helps slum children and works to promote community development, health and empowering women.
Sara has been championing the cause of Apnalaya and had donated her first earnings to Apnalaya and has also raised funds.
Sachin agreed to do an event in Jaipur in the next IPL season when he would be in the Pink City. I was touched by his warmth and hospitality. After the meeting I went to Hotel Taj Lands End and spent some time at the Chambers. It was my first visit to the Taj Lands End Chambers and I really liked the open verandah overlooking the sea and city. The verandah was a tad chilly than I had expected.
I have quite a few meetings lined up today evening in Delhi and will fly back to Kolkata tomorrow evening. I am looking forward to a secluded Sunday week-end after a long spell.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts