Late night events

With Sunita Kumar and her husband, former tennis player, Naresh Kumar
October 4, 2013: After a day in Churu on Tuesday the 1st October, 2013, I had a series of meetings on 2nd October in Jaipur and returned to Kolkata in the evening.
Today, I had an invitation from Rainer Schmiedchen, Consul General of the Federal Republic of Germany, on the occasion of the Day of German Unity held at the Taj Bengal.
I dropped in at the reception in Taj Bengal before having a dinner date with Koel and her husband Rane. By the time we finished our dinner it was almost 12:30 pm. And after that I went to the Science City to attend the Vodafone Agomoni – a night long musical programme.
At the Science City I attended and heard the tribute to R D Burman's programme Recreating RD Magic. I missed Aparna Sen and Bickram Ghosh's performance which had concluded prior to the German song.
After this hectic trip, I was a little tired but could not say “No” to Anand Sahay, the new CEO of Vodafone. I know him since his Rajasthan days. ON Friday October 4 evening also there is a sit down dinner scheduled with the US Consul General at a friend's private residence.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts