Getting back to the city!


With Scott Furssedonn Wood
Kolkata, January 9, 2014: I managed to reach Kolkata on the afternoon of January 7 braving flight delays and cancellations due to heavy fog at Jaipur and Delhi.
I was rather worried on January 6 as to whether I would be able to make it to Kolkata to host an all important dinner the next day. 
With Leonard and Elizabeth
I knew that Scott too was in a similar situation as he had mentioned to me that he might reach Kolkata around 4 or 5 pm on January 7, 2014. 
I, however, managed to reach on time and Scott got delayed but his wife Elizabeth and his father, Leonard Furssedonn were there.
With Sumit Majumdar
The guest turnout at the dinner party was very good although Taj Terrace got a lot more colder than our expectations but Taj Bengal did a fantastic job to make good for that which all the guests lauded. 
I hosted the dinner to welcome Scott Furssedonn Wood - the new British High Commissioner in Kolkata.
With Karan Paul
I am neck deep in work, totally occupied with the office for the forthcoming President of India's visit to the city and The Bengal's “Sunil Gangopadhyay Memorial Award” event at the Raj Bhavan on January 11, 2014, which we are hosting.
Today evening I have invited a few authors, who are in city for the Apeejay Literary Festival, to my home for dinner.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts