NGOs and events in Delhi and Kolkata

March 24, 2014: On Thursday I took a flight to Delhi and returned on Saturday noon. I had a number of meetings on Thursday and Friday with different NGOs for various upcoming events lined up. Delhi evenings are still pleasant and you can sit in the verandah of the India International Centre (IIC) comfortably.
On Saturday I missed out on the Royal Calcutta Turf Club (RCTC) invite to a luncheon at the Reserve Stand, Calcutta Race Course.
With Maxmilian Metzer and Ranier Schmiedchen
In the evening I went to the Hyatt Regency Hotel for the opening party of “Excellence on Tour: A road show to illustrate Indo-German cooperation in research and innovation - on the invitation from Rainer Schmiedchen, Consul General, Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany, Kolkata, before having a private dinner at the Hyatt’s Gucci restaurant. Gucci’s Indian food has really improved but somehow Hyatt is more popular for its Italian food as well as The Coffee Shop.
Often it is the case, when one particular restaurant is very popular, the other restaurants do not get the attention they merit, even if the food and service is as good. Similarly, in Delhi Hyatt I like the food in Aanganan Indian restaurant - although their Italian and Chinese outlets are more famous.
At the German party I met Maxmilian Metzger, Deputy Director General, International Cooperation in Education and Research and had a pleasant chat with him.
Yesterday evening I also missed Ina Puri’s invitation to Ahiritola Sutanuti Heritage Trust inaugural programme of heritage talks, music & art at the Jorasanko Thakurbari. Though Ina is a personal friend of mine and I wanted to be there, I could not make it due to my packed itinerary.
I have a very busy current week with events lined up back to back for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts