At the CPA HQs in London and Oxford



With Kunal Basu in front of Oxford Library
2 July, 2014, London: Yesterday I went to Oxford to meet Kunal Basu and his wife Susmita. Among other places that we visited, we also went to the Oxford Public Library, one of the oldest in UK. What else do you need when you have a seasoned author like Kunal Basu showing you around Oxford.

It is said that the Oxford library tries to procure a copy of every English book published in the world.

Today morning I went to the India House in Aldwych to meet the High Commissioner of India in London, His Excellency, Mr Ranjan Mathai. India House, which houses the Indian diplomatic mission in UK, is a iconic building designed by Sir Herber Baker in 1930 and formally inaugurated by King George V on July 8 same year. It faces the London School of Economics and King's College London.

Though I had met the Indian High Commissioner over the past two weeks in various events, I formally met him at his office this morning only. 
From there I I went to the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA), London, headquarters to meet William Ferdinand Shija, Secretary General of CPA.

With William Shija
He has kindly invited me to the next Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference (CPA) – the 60th CPA - at Yaounde in Cameroon from October 2 to 10, 2014, which I plan to attend.

ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts