New Bengal Governor takes charge

With Consul members from different countries at the Raj Bhawan, Kolkata
24 July, 2014, Kolkata: this morning I left ITC Sonar around 12 noon for Raj Bhawan to attend the swearing in ceremony of new Governor of West Bengal, Shri Keshari Nath Tripathi.
It took inordinately long time to reach the venue as the traffic was bad due to rains and I just managed to get in by 1:25 pm.
At the Throne Room, Raj Bhawan, also in the picture, Chief Secretary, Sanjay Mitra, and Rosemarie of German Consulate
As I got into the Throne Room of Raj Bhawan and the moment I took my seat the day's programme started with the National Anthem.

There were many known persons especially politicians and diplomats. In fact, by the time the rains stopped, the diplomats went out to see the lush green grass of the historic Raj Bhawan and few of them even clicked pictures. 
I had organized many events with the Governors in past and look forward to continue with new cultural events.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts