Back from Thailand

4 September, 2014: I arrived in Kolkata around 1 am from Thailand. I had gone to Thailand to attend a wedding.

I usually avoid wedding functions that also take place outside India and from over twenty invitations to weddings in Thailand over the last four years that I received, this is the second one I chose to attend. The reason being that I know the groom well and he himself is also associated with couple of social projects of mine as well.

Over the last seven years Thailand has emerged as the destination for big fat Indian weddings. Some of these weddings are slowly shifting to Dubai and Europe as Thailand is not so new to Kolkatans.

There is so much to learn from Thailand. Their politeness in service and soft gestures with things said with folding hands is heart warming. The hospitality staff keep greeting and thanking you and make you feel so special and welcome.

One can learn a lot from the fact that Thailand, even in such extreme hot and humid weather conditions, has developed itself as one of the most sought after tourist destinations as well as for Indian weddings.

I have busy days ahead with a lot of social commitments lined up.

ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts