At the 70th UN anniversary in Delhi

With Geeta Chandran
October 31, New Delhi: I arrived in Delhi from Jaipur today. I was supposed to be in the capital by 1 pm, but thanks to Air India the flight keeps getting delayed and I landed two hours late. I had a number of meetings at the The Taj and at the India International Centre (IIC). 
With Rajiv Chandran, National Information Officer, UNIC (India & Bhutan)
In the evening, I attended the launch of the 70th anniversary of the United Nations in India. The programme was organized by the United Nations Information Centre for India (UNIC) and Bhutan and Indian Federation of UN Associations (IFUNA) with focus on Women's Security. 
With K L Malhotra and Sanjana Subramanian of UNIC
The reception was hosted at the UN Lawns in 55 Lodhi Estate. Kiran Bedi spoke and introduced her 6P concept of women's security involving parents, politicians, police, prosecution, prison and press. 
Tomorrow again I have back-to-back meetings lined up before I take the late night flight back to Kolkata. 
I had to undertake this over night trip because a lot of issues have to be discussed and settled with the officials of IFUNA.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts