In Sujangarh after many years


Oct 24, 2014, Sujangarh / Chappar : I started from Jaipur on October 23 around 12 noon and reached Sujangarh late in the afternoon. After so many years, I am at my native house for Diwali festivities.
In the evening I went to Chappar just to see the facilities at the rest house and it took me 20 minutes to find somebody to open the gate as it was totally empty. The rooms at the rest house looked better than what I expected. In this six-roomed rest house, two rooms are non AC and four rooms are AC, of which, one room is reserved for Forest Department officials. The moment I entered the room a small rat crossed my feet, you cannot avoid these in the jungles. 
I went back to Sujangarh and late in the evening I walked down to the market area i.e., Gandhi Chowk, the famed Ghanta Ghar, white marble pillar and other places before bursting crackers which I did after so many years. 
In fact I don't recall when I had last walked down this stretch but I remember all the lanes and roads correctly and all the shops from Lakshmi Paan Palace to Gopal ji Stationery were the same as they were 20 years back.
Today afternoon I went to Tal Chappar and took an afternoon ride through the jungle along with Suraj Singh Punia, Assistant Conservator of Forest (ACF) of Chappar Wildlife Sanctuary. I clicked many pictures and experienced some excellent views of the forest. 
While on our way from Sujanghar to Churu, I also got down in front of the railway station (pic) and got a picture clicked.
Tal Chappar Wildlife Sanctuary has a lot to offer and I for sure, will go tomorrow to the Sanctuary before I leave for Jaipur.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts