Back from Singapore

January 22, 2015: I had a two-day trip to Singapore and before leaving for Singapore on Friday (January 16) evening I went to the Prinsep Ghat for an evening jugalbandi programme of two legends, santoor maestro, Pt Shiv Kumar Sharma, and India's leading flautist, Hari Prasad Chourasia.
This Shiv-Hari jugalbandi took place after almost three decades in Kolkata and the 3000 strong audience were all in praises for them. I personally enjoyed raag pahadi and the venue of Prinsep Ghat made the evening all the more picturesque. 
After the event, I met Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma.
I am planning to be in Jaipur this weekend. It is almost three months since I last visited the Pink City, maybe the longest gap time in recent years.
The Jaipur Literature Festival is on and I missed the inaugural dinner at Rambagh as well as the initial few days of the LitFest. I am planning to attend the Saturday and Sunday sessions and will attend the Writer’s Ball at The Meridian on Sunday (January 25) evening.
As far as Republic Day is concerned, I am not sure as to whether I will be having tea at the Raj Bhavan, Jaipur, or be in Delhi to witness Obama as Chief Guest at the Republic Day parade.
Today is not a very good day for the Jaipur Literature Festival which suffered because of heavy rains last night. On the other hand the Patna Literature Festival has been postponed as of now.
In Singapore, I was at the Grand Hyatt which is well known for its good service and this time also it was so. I am also planning to go to The Oberoi Grand Poolside before winter bids adieu to Kolkata.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts