Regal exhibition and meetings in Delhi

At the Royal Fables Exhibition in Hyatt Regency, Delhi
September 30, 2015: I have mixed feelings about Hyatt Regency Hotel in Delhi. Their services are good in some areas but they are not up to it in other areas.
I feel it isn't worth staying any more in this Hotel and I am seriously thinking of shifting back to Maurya or Taj Mansingh as far as my Delhi address is concerned.
I landed in Delhi on Sunday evening and attended Manjari Mishra’s Shilpmanjari exhibition of her exclusive line of batua, dupattas and stoles from Ayodhya. The exhibition was held at the Oval Room, The Mansion, Hyatt Regency. Manjari brings craftsmanship of zardozi, gota patti, kamdani and karchobi, combining historic regalia and modern day sophistication.
My friend Yatindra Mishra, who is from the royal family of Ayodhya, had invited me. There was a fashion show where all the erstwhile royal family members walked down the ramp. There was cocktails as well. It was good to see so many royal families under one roof, which, I think, is not possible even in any of the royal family weddings.
With Nirmala Sitharaman
On Monday I had a good meeting with General V K Singh, Hon’ble Minister of State for External Affairs, Government of India, at his office in south block.
Also met Smt Najma Heptulla, Minister of Minority Affairs, and had a long meeting with her. She will be coming to Kolkata on October 6 and has agreed to have lunch at my residence during her visit to Kolkata. After meeting her, I met up with few functionaries of the Rashtriya Swamsevak Sangh (RSS).
With Kiren Rijuju and Suresh Jain
Yesterday was a busy day full of meetings. I met Smt Nirmala Sitharaman and Shri Kiren Rijiju, Union Minister of Home Affairs, in his office, both of these meetings were courtesy visits.
I was supposed to fly out to Jaipur early morning today. But due to jet-lag and no rest, I called it off last night so that I could get some sleep.
I shall avail the 4 o’clock flight to Jaipur today.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts