Same frame moment with BigB

With Amitabh Bachchan and Vidya Balan at St Paul's Cathedral Kolkata
December 1, 2015: After returning from my North America trip I was jet lagged with a whole lot of piled up desk work to clear. Today there was another of the Receipe Rendezvous series with the very versatile celebrity chef Sabita Radhakrishna at The Conclave.
Sabita has traversed many professions from being a freelance writer, food columnist to a broadcaster associated with Doordarshan and All India Radio besides being a scriptwriter and programme hostess for over twenty years. She is well experienced with textiles and is an active member of the Crafts Council of India. Her book Annapurni is about authentic Tamil cuisine.
I, however, had to give the Recipe Rendezvous event a miss.
I went to see the shooting of the film Te3n at the St Paul's Cathedral
Sujoy Ghosh, producer of the film, called up in the morning for some work and I came to know that BigB, Vidya Balan, Nawazuddin Siddhiqui and others were shooting at the Cathedral which is only few stretches away from my house.
I wasn't keeping track of things happening in the Kolkata circuit due to my foreign trips. This wasn't the first time that I witnessed the shooting of Amitabh Bachchan – my favourite actor. Earlier, while shooting for Piku in Kolkata, I had met him and thanks to Shoojit Sarkar, I had watched the shooting quite a few times.
I also met Vidya Balan during the shooting and on a lighter note Sujoy also clicked my picture with Amitabh and Vidya Balan.
Since the past few years the frequency of my travels has been on the rise as a result I am having to stay away from Kolkata more often. It seems that now I have to actually plan in advance my stay in Kolkata.
Tomorrow again I shall leave for Bangalore as I have committed myself to attend the Bangalore Literature Festival and meet up with some close friends and attend family functions. My Bangalore trip will be for a fortnight and includes an overnight trip to Mumbai to attend another family function.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts