At Har Har Byomkesh and An Author's Afternoon

January 9, 2016: I am back in Kolkata basking in the social events.
On the evening of January 5, I hosted a special show of Arindam Sil's mystery thriller film Har Har Byomkesh. Like myself, quite a few friends from the Tollywood had not seen the film. No wonder it was full house.
With Chiranjeet
I think I have seen the best Byomkesh film. The film was shot in Varanasi or Benaras with costume of that era. The direction was crisp and is a must watch film for Byomkesh lovers. Well done Arindam.
With Author Ravi Subramanian
On January 8 there was An Author's Afternoon session with Ravi Subramanian. I had missed out on the last two Author's Afternoon with Jai Arjun Singh and Ruchika Gupta.
It was nice of Ravi to agree and take time out from his hectic schedule. He took a morning-evening flight from Mumbai to make it happen. Post Author's Afternoon, I hosted a small dinner at Hyatt Regency Kolkata for the post screening of Suman Ghosh directed film Peace Haven.
With Arun Mukherjee
Peace Haven is the story of three friends, Soumitro, Paran Banerjee and in their 70s who journey to build a mortuary for themselves and in the process discover the meaning of life ironically though death. The film “mocks death and cherishes life” says director Suman.
With Soumitra Chatterjee
With Sugata Bose
After a long span I met Soumitra Chatterjee and Sugato Bose. This is the second dinner that I hosted in last seven days. 
On the evening of January 3, I had called a few people to my home among them were Kunal Basu, Sangeeta Dutta, Suman Ghosh and others who were visiting Kolkata.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts