Catching up on small things

May 30, 2016: I spent the whole of last week in Delhi. Quite a few meetings were lined up also many small meetings with various people were long due and I decided to take time off to meet diplomats, politicians, authors and people from the cultural fraternity.
I returned from abroad and went to Delhi and from there back to Kolkata on Saturday evening.
From the airport I went straight to The Conclave to have dinner with Yatindra Mishra who was in town for one night for his connecting flight to Agartala. He was on his way to attend a Sahitya Academy programme. Yatindra is one of the finest music critiques and an encyclopedia of Indian music. He has attended the Kalam events in all the cities of Patna, Jaipur and Raipur. His ancestral home is in Ayodhya with links to a erstwhile royal family.
Yatindra is a fantastic person and a good friend. Along with Yatindra I had also invited Sourendro and Soumyojit and we four had a great discussion on music till midnight.
Today, I am in office and tomorrow again I shall leave for Jaipur and will be back to Kolkata next weekend.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts