A day of making hard choices

17 June, Kolkata: Today is one of those days of the year when all important events seem to take place in the city offering an either or choice to attend. The sheer number of high voltage events on a single day has put me in a fix as to which ones to attend and which ones to let go.
The last couple of days I was occupied as I hosted a lunch at The Taj Bengal and also had an appointment to meet the Kolkata Police Commissioner with a delegation of The Bengal at Lalbazar. Agnimitra Paul, who has rejoined as a member of The Bengal, Arindam Sil and Usha Uthup accompanied me to the police headquarters for the meeting for our project Pronam on Wednesday 15 June.
I checked out my diary and found that there were invitations for eight events in the city. Let me share these with you. There was the inauguration of wild life exhibition "Woods Away" at the Welcome Art Gallery in ITC Sonar at 5 pm. Being a wildlife enthusiast this event was cut out for me. After this there was an Alliance Francaise du Bengale and Sanskriti Sagar play at the G D Birla Sabhaghar at 6:30 pm.
There was the premiere of the film Mahanayak from Venkatesh Films followed by cocktails and dinner at the The Oberoi Grand at 7:30 pm. More or less at the same time there was a cocktail & dinner party invitation at The Bengal Club at 8 pm to celebrate the success of Praktan from the director and the cast of the film.
Then there was the invitation from Hyatt Regency General Manager, Britta Leicke Milde, for the launch of the "China House Pop up Lounge Party" from 9 pm onwards. Also there was an Eid get together at Hotel Lalit Great Eastern, a premiere at the Priya cinema and yet another event at the Lalit Great Eastern of Jyotsna Suri.
In short all the major star hotels had some big event or the other. I had to make some very hard choices for I wanted to be in all of these events.
With Tonushree
On Wednesday (June 15) evening I attended the inauguration of the restaurant American Cave launched by actress Tonushree.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts