At the Mountain Echoes Litfest 2016

With Major Gen G Jaishankar (VSM) and Ashi Kendum Dorji
Taj Tashi, Thimpu: I shall leave for Paro to take a afternoon flight to Kolkata but before that I shall drop by at the Nehru Wangchuck Centre to attend a photo exhibition.
With Lyonpo Yeshey Dorji Minister for Agriculture & Forests
and Singye Dorji brother of Prime Minister of Bhutan
I landed in Paro yesterday and drove to Thimpu to check in at this hotel and now I am writing my blog from my favourite Room 103 of this hotel. My compliments to the Siyahi team for making the Fest bigger and better each year. This hotel room has a sit out terrace overlooking the mountains. Of five such rooms, Room 103 is in the middle and gives you a clear view of the lofty mountains. At times you get the feeling that you can reach out and touch the clouds. Bhutan is among my favourite places for relaxing.
With Malvika Singh
But this was just an overnight trip to attend the inaugural function of Mountain Echoes Literature Festival
I am the Honorary Advisor of this Festival which was inaugurated at the India House by Her Majesty Queen Mother Dorji Wangmo.
Rajasthan Tourism is one of the sponsor of the festival and this year a delegation led by Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje Scindia is also attending the festival. For the past two years her plan to visit this literary festival could not happen and some other minister represented her.
With Lyonpo Lekey Dorji, Economic Affairs Minister
This year too I was skeptical about her attending the Fest as the Prime Minister had called in a meeting of BJP state ministers. But she made it this time. Over dinner I met Her Highness Majesty Queen Jetsun Pema and Vasundhara Raje Scindia as well as Rajasthan Minister of Tourism Krishnendra Kaur Deepa.
With Author Amitava Ghosh
En route to Bhutan, met author Amitava Ghosh who was also on the same flight. Prior to the inauguration of the Litfest, I hosted a high tea. Usually I host a farewell dinner at the festival but this year I managed to be there only for a day.
My friend Ashi Kendum Dorji had helped me to organize this in short notice and I opted for high-tea to meet all my friends and acquaintances.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts