At the IMUN in Agra

Train journey from Jaipur to Agra after many years
May 5, 2017: After many years, I undertook a train journey from Jaipur to Agra on May 2 to attend the Agra International Model United Nations (A-IMUN) that was being held from April 29 to May 3, 2017.
In my childhood, while travelling by train, I used to carry my own food. I realised that this childhood habit is still strong and I took some food with me. But I was surprised by the fresh and hygienic food served in the train. I must say things have definitely improved a lot.
At the closing session of WIMUN in Agra
In Agra, I checked in at the ITC Mughal which is set amid 14 hectares of landscaped gardens and two-and-half kilometres away from the iconic Taj Mahal. This was my first stay in this hotel and I must say that the hotel has taken care of the smallest details to create a luxurious ambiance.
I must say UP looks a lot peaceful and better ever since Yogi Adityanath took over at the helm. In the evening, I visited the locally famous chaat gali in Agra sadar. I think, after Taj Mahal, this is a must-visit place in Agra.
At the dinner hosted by We Care for me
In the evening, before attending the dinner hosted by We Care for me, I spoke at the closing ceremony of WFUNA International Model United Nations (WIMUN) held at the Jaypee Palace Hotel & Convention Centre. I met Mr Gary Fowlie, Head of ITU, and few others.
At the Taj Mahal
On May 3 early morning, I also visited the Taj Mahal and reached Delhi in the evening via Gatiman - the fastest train in India - which covered the distance between Agra and Delhi in one hour forty minutes.
With Derk Segaar of UNIC, Delhi
On May 4, I met the director of United Nations Information Centre (UNIC), Delhi, Derk Segaar. 
With Girija Devi
I also met Girija Devi at a private dinner and was blessed to have spent some time with the living legend.
With Sir Dominic Asquith, British Deputy High Commissioner in India
Today morning, I met the British High Commissioner in India, Sir Dominic Asquith at his residence. He is the great-grandson of former UK Prime Minister (1908-16) Herbert Henry Asquith.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts