At Nandan

I spent quite a lot of time at Nandan yesterday from 3 pm to 10 pm attending the annual charitable award function organised by the Ladies Study Group. This was followed by the screening of the film Life Goes On at Nandan I.
Prior to the screening there was a discussion-cum-interactive session addressed by the film's director Sangeeta Datta along with Sharmila Tagore and Soha Ali Khan.
Sangeeta di and Rinku di both wanted me to see this session and I complied. But I could not see the film as it screening was delayed and I had another function in Nandan III from 6 pm.
So after the interactive session spent time at the Nandan Conference Hall with Ladies Study Group committee members Abhilasha Sethiya and Madhulika Kanoria (picture)
I also met their president Anuradha Dalmia.
From 6 pm, on behalf of
Prabha Khaitan Foundation, I organised a special show of award wining film Moner Manush at Nandan III. The governor of West Bengal M K Narayanan and his wife Padmini Narayanan and few other select guests like Jogen Chowdhury, Manoj Mohanka were also there to see the film along with Prasenjit and director Gautam Ghosh.
This was the first Bengali film watched by the Governor and he really like it. After the show, he commented that it was much better than his expectation (picture).
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts