End of winter sojourn

I met Somnath Chatterjee yesterday at his south Kolkata residence. While I was in Delhi he had called me up saying he wanted to see me. He told me that it wasn't anything very important, I told him that I would meet him the day I return to Kolkata.
Last when I was in Kolkata I read in the newspapers that he was unwell and had to be hospitalised. I called him up and spoke to him and we decided to meet later once he got well and back home. So after coming back from Delhi, I called him up for the first time and fixed up an appointment.
Somnath da wants to introduce me to his grandson Shashwata Chatterjee who stays in Los Angeles. He said that he wasn't sure how long he would survive as his doctor had advised him against travelling due to his health condition. Somnath da said he wanted to introduce his grandson to the people known to him. We also discussed various other issues.
I was to leave for Delhi again today evening as I had confirmed to attend a series of events of Sahitya Akademi and Raza Foundation on March 11 but had to cancel it and stay back in Kolkata as some important work came up that I had to attend in person.
I think my annual winter Delhi sojourn has come to a sudden end with the cancellation of my evening flight.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts