Meeting up with old friends

Usha Punia
The weather in Delhi got a little colder since last week probably due to the snowfall in Himachal. I enjoy this kind of weather very much. I had lunch with Usha Puniya at the Trident Hotel Coffee Shop in Gurgaon yesterday.
Usha Puniya is one of the finest person in my political friends' circle. 
She was the tourism minister in Vasundhara Raje's government in Rajasthan and had visited Kolkata many times (picture). She has also been to my house.
In the evening I met Mr Om Thanvi at the India International Centre (IIC) bar. We share a common interest - travelling. Whenever we meet we discuss about travelling. Had a long adda with him. His new book Mohenjodaro would be released at the IIC Annexe by the famous poet Kunwar Narayan tomorrow. He wanted me to stay on for this event, but I have an Education for All event in Kolkata tomorrow and have to be there.
Om Thanvi
Thanvi (picture) also informed me about the new book on Ageye which he is currently editing and bringing out. I will try and make it to the book release function at the Sahitya Akademi on 9th March 2011.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts