Jaipur at its dazzling best

I was busy at a personal function till late afternoon yesterday. In the evening I went to Hotel Mariott where my friend Tanmoy Bose, a leading tabla player, was performing with Anushka. For the citizens of Jaipur it was a memorable classical evening.
I dropped in at the Rambag Palace Hotel for a dinner hosted in honour of the much talked about authors from across the globe who have converged on the city for the Jaipur Lit Fest. Rambag was decked up like a bride. The guests, who have been savouring the Jaipur hospitality, were awe-struck by the dazzling display of candle and flower-works at the Hotel. All the guests were driven in buggies from the gate to dinner site and taken back to their destinations on vintage cars. The Taj Group of Hotels has every reason to feel proud of this Palace property of theirs.
This evening I hosted a cocktail party at my Jaipur house which was attended by artistes like Prerna Srimali, Ankit Patel, Surendra Pal Joshi, Ikram Rajasthani and others (picture)
Ashok Vajpayee, Jawahar Sircar and Ina Puri, who were in Jaipur for the LitFest, also joined in (picture).
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts